I love pancakes, and once you’ve tried pancakes with fresh strawberries and freshly whipped Chantilly cream, there’s just no going back.
If you prefer taking the easy route and using a pre-mix, whipping up some Chantilly cream will take you no more than 10 minutes, but if you’re feeling a little adventurous and want to make your pancakes from scratch, here’s a recipe that works for me. Bon appetite! :)
- 1½ cups plain flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder (NOT SODA! Orginal recipe uses 3½ teaspoons)
- ½ teaspoon salt (Original recipe uses 1 teaspoon)
- 1 tablespoon white sugar
- 11⁄4 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted and cooled
How to :
- In a large bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder, salt and sugar. Make a well in the center and pour in the milk, egg and melted butter; mix until smooth.
- Heat a lightly oiled (I use butter) frying pan over medium high heat.
- Pour or scoop the batter onto the griddle, brown on both sides and serve warm.
- Wait till you see bubbles popping in the centre before flipping.
- Do not pat on your pancakes while cooking!
- You can whip up a whole batch of Chantilly cream and keep them stored in the freezer, they freeze really well.
- Sift some icing sugar over your pancakes and strawberries, this will help with sweetening sour berries!