If you read my blog last week, this might look familiar! I’ve received requests for the recipe of this very yummy dish, and here it is! Courtesy of the boyfriend.
1. Dice tomatoes, depending on how chunky you like your bites, if you prefer slices I reckon that would work too.
2. In a bowl, lightly toss diced tomatoes with salt, pepper and olive oil. We don’t use exact measurements so just taste as you go. You can also add in dried basil leaves. They sell these in bottles in the supermarket. (Optional)
3. Slice baguettes about 1.5-2cm thick.
4. In a pan on low heat, melt butter, then add the baguette slices, making sure the surface is covered with the melted butter. Do not let it burn! Do the same for the other side.
5. Spread a garlic & cheese spread on the pan-fried baguettes after they have cooled off abit. Pan-frying the baguettes actually keeps them crisp longer and adds to the flavour! (Think croutons!) We used Philadelphia’s Cream Cheese Light Garlic & Herb spread.
6. Dish up a spoonful of tomatoes and top the baguettes. Garnish with freshly chopped basil leaves. (Optional)